Humboldt NORML is a regional chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. Humboldt NORML is a non-profit organization dedicated to reforming federal, state, county, and city laws. We work in direct coordination with California NORML and they provide Humboldt County with over 40 years of experience. The benefits of Humboldt NORML membership include direct affiliation with NORML and California NORML, newsletters, lobby makers and sponsor events. Other benefits include legal, educational and consumer health advice. Humboldt NORML is directly related to California NORML and maintains a separate membership/ financial base from national NORML.
Humboldt NORML’S Goals
- Coordinate and assist with NORML and California NORML‘s mission goals.
- Identify potential impacts of cannabis legalization in order to achieve an environmentally sustainable cannabis industry that will benefit Humboldt County’s economy and community.
- Help develop a local regulatory framework for cannabis legalization in coordination with other diverse groups that will encompass the recommendations of community members, organizations, government, and stakeholder groups.
- Provide input into a 2016 legalization measure that will work towards a way to bring regulation and resource management to the marijuana industry for the good of all.
- Advocate for Federal approval of Veteran’s right to diverse varieties of cannabis and physicians.
- Core values include human rights, employment rights, medical rights, environmental and economic justice, public health and safety.